DISCUSX Bactocide 1 - 20g / 250g
Bactocide 1 is a water treatment for ornamental fish. A synergistic blend of compounds effective against protozoa, fungus and bacteria. These compounds work together yielding fast and strong results because it works in the three main directions that are the main cause for fish mortality, while being very gentle on the fish. The fish easily absorb Bactocide 1, making if highly effective for both internal and especially external diseases.
Indication of use
Effective in preventing and treating bacterial disease outbreak, discus black disease (plague), skin ulcer, cloudy eyes, columnaris, red sores, bacterial gill disease, fin rot, huddled fish near the corner or back of aquarium, fish not eating with or without white stringy poop.
• Read the full user guide carefully and apply all the recommended instructions.
• A recommended hospital tank will only contain an air stone for aeration and a heater if
• Daily water change should be adopted as means of controlling water quality during
treatment. Adding water conditioner that binds and neutralize chlorine AND ammonia is
• It is recommended to stop feeding, during the treatment if you still want to feed or must
feed, do it lightly and keep more attention to siphoning away any food or fish waste daily, also in this case you MUST be using water conditioner that binds and neutralize chlorine AND ammonia.
• Always start by cleaning the aquarium, whipping the glass and having clean treated water at the correct conditions for the fish.
• In case you still treat in a display tank follow these steps to increase the success rate and reduce risk. Wipe the glass surface, siphon the substrate, and any waste accumulated under or around décor, filter media...etc.
• Take care when cleaning the filter media not to do it with chlorinated water or any cleaning agent, or over cleaning it in a way that will remove most or all the beneficial bacteria(biofilm). Some products will directly kill the filter bacteria, such products will have a warning on the back of the package.
Method of use
Use one level measure of the included spoon (1 gram) for every 10 gallons (40 liters) of aquarium water. After 24 hours make 70-100% water change and add the full dose (for the total water volume not only new water).
It is preferable to mix the powder well with some aquarium water in an external container then distribute it evenly over the water or pour it in a high flow area (ex: pump return). Recommendation: add 1-2g/L salt along with Bactocide.
Repeat the daily for 6-10 days. Do not stop the treatment on the first signs of recovery to avoid re- infection, you MUST treat for at least 6 days.
Professional use: In hospital tanks, with no feeding and when using water treatment product to neutralize ammonia a single dose can be extended to 48 hours.
Discus X disease prevention philosophy
• This procedure is applied successfully in Discus X Farm facility to prophylactically clean breeding stock before adding to the central filtered breeding system.
• Following this method will ensure a more enjoyable hobby in your main display aquarium, free of reoccurring fish health issues like not growing properly, dull coloration, loss of appetite or even death.
• This happens because we allowed many types of external and/or internal parasites to enter and live in our main tank, and will be ready to cause disease in at any time the fish are stressed due to water conditions, bullying, heavy parasite load, infection pressure ... etc.
• Thus, Discus X recommends aquarium professionals as well as keen to always apply our QT kit Procedure using our QT kit PRO on any new fish in hospital tank prior introduction to display aquarium, fish room ...etc. to achieve the above results.
Precaution and storage information
Store in a cool (room temperature) dry place, don’t place in a fridge to avoid water condensation on and inside the package in humid environments.
Bactocide will have an impact on the bio-filter, therefore; it is preferable to use it in a hospital tank instead, except if you are dealing with a plague then the treatment should be in the main tank for all fish with filters running. All tools, nets and hoses should be disinfected
Usnea lichen extract, Terminalia catappa extract, Gingerols, Echinacea pupurea extract, proprietary phytochemical compounds.
Not for human consumption or animals meant to be used for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
For use with Ornamental fish only.