API® BETTAFIX - 50ml
API® BETTAFIX fish remedy is an all-natural, antibacterial fish remedy for Bettas that should be used whenever your Betta exhibits signs of disease, such as wounds, ulcers, mouth fungus, fin & tail rot, slimy patches, and cottony growths. BETTAFIX fish remedy aids in healing damaged tissue as a result of handling, netting, and fighting using the healing power of Melaleuca – a variety of Tea Tree oil – which promotes rapid re-growth of damaged fins and skin.
Add 9 drops per pint (473 ml) or 18 drops per quart (946 ml) of bowl or aquarium water. For larger aquariums, add ½ teaspoonful (2.5 ml) per gallon (3.8 L) of water. Repeat dose daily for up to 7 days, and then make a water change. Treatment may be repeated, if necessary. For tropical fish use only.
- How do I diagnose a health problem in my fish?
- Many disease symptoms will be clearly visible, such as white streaks, lesions, protruding eyes, and other unusual marks or spots on your fish. If you suspect your fish has a disease, it will fall under the categories of fungal, parasitic, or bacterial. One way to diagnose is by matching fish symptoms to the description of a wide range of API fish remedies, which include treatments specific to Ich disease, Betta fish, and various common symptoms (hole-in-the-head, eye cloud, fin & tail rot, etc.)
- Does API BETTAFIX™ fish remedy treat popeye?
- This fish remedy is perfect for wounds, ulcers, mouth fungus, and fin & tail rot, but will not treat popeye. For popeye treatment, API MELAFIX™ fish remedy is recommended.
- Will API BETTAFIX™ fish remedy affect the snails in my tank?
- This fish remedy is designed for use with tropical fish only, and may cause harm to your snails.