NT LABS Permanganate Dip (Treats Fish lice, leeches, parasites and ulcers) - 500ml
Treats: Fish lice, leeches, parasites and ulcers.
When to use?
When fish have visible external parasites such as lice and leeches, or show signs of parasitic infection (such as flicking, rubbing or gasping) or ulcers.
Permanganate can be used as a whole pond treatment to treat parasitic infections from Costia, Trichodina, Chilodonella, etc, or as a dip treatment in a separate volume of water to treat fish lice and leeches, and for cleaning ulcers.
How to use?
- Test your water quality using NT Labs Test Kits.
- When treating the whole pond: Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water and pour evenly over the surface of the pond. Switch off UV filtration until the pink colour has gone from the water. Aerate the pond well during treatment. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before treating with a different medication.
- When dip-treating fish: Add the appropriate dosage to a bucket of clean pond water and gently submerge fish. Provide additional aeration during the course of the dip. Leave fish in the dip treatment for no more than 30 minutes.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool; a different medication may be more suitable.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
Do not use with orfe, rudd, tench or sturgeon/sterlet.
Do not use if water temperature is above 22°C.
Do not use in hot, humid, thundery weather.
Do not leave fish unattented during dip treatments.
Do not leave fish in dip treatments for more than 30 minutes. Do not mix medications.
Whole pond treatment: 10 ml per 44 gallons (200 litres). If required, the treatment can be safely repeated every other day for up to 4 doses. Dip treatment: 10 ml per 8 gallons (36 litres). If required, this treatment can be safely repeated daily as required. This is a strong treatment, and is recommended for treating large external parasites including lice and leeches, and as a disinfectant for ulcers and open wounds.