API® FURAN 2 - 850g
API® FURAN-2 fish remedy contains two furan compounds to combat a wide variety of gram-positive & gram-negative bacterial diseases, including bacterial gill disease, open red sores (Aeromonas spp.), body slime & eye cloud, black molly disease (Flavobacterium columnaris) and fin & tail rot. For use in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. This fish remedy will harm the biological filter. Note: This fish remedy will cause a slight discoloration of water which can be removed with activated carbon.
- When should I use API FURAN-2™ fish remedy?
- Use API FURAN-2 fish remedy when you suspect your fish is sick with a bacterial infection, symptoms of which include weakened or abnormal swimming, dark blotches on the body, and loss of appetite. If these symptoms are left untreated, they can cause damage to internal organs and even result in fish loss, so it is important to act quickly if you believe your fish is infected. Dose accordingly with API FURAN-2 fish remedy for highly effective results.
- Can API FURAN-2™ fish remedy be used/combined with other treatments for faster results?
- API FURAN-2 fish remedy works quickly and effectively on its own; however, some great products to use in combination with it are API AQUARIUM SALT and API STRESS COAT™ water conditioner, both of which promote healing and boost fish immune systems. If your fish appears to be suffering from more than a simple bacterial infection, you may use another fish remedy in conjunction with it safely – as long as you are able to follow the directions for both during treatment. We would not recommend using more than two fish remedies at a time unless you are certain of the diagnosis of multiple ailments, so that you can tell which fish remedies are working or not working while troubleshooting a stubborn disease issue.
- Should I remove my filtration media before dosing with API FURAN-2™ fish remedy?
- Products that are designed to remove things from your aquarium, such as filtration media, will also remove dosed fish remedy from your tank. For best results from fish remedy, remove your filtration media as you dose.